Every Sunday afternoon, Noorderlicht organises lectures in the restaurant of Museum Belvédère.
- Address: Oranje Nassaulaan 12, Heerenveen
- Free Admission
Sunday 2 September
- Noon: Marco Vernaschi
- 1 pm: Jörg M. Colberg
- 2 pm: Graeme Williams
- 3 pm: Toni Hafkenscheid
- 4 pm: Sharon Harper
These lectures are English spoken.
All following Sundays, the lectures will be in Dutch.
- 9 Sept 2 pm: Misha de Ridder
- 16 Sept 2 pm: Paul Bogaers
- 16 Sept 3.30 pm: Rik Zaal
- 23 Sept 2 pm: Korrie Besems
- 30 Sept 2 pm: Gerco de Ruijter
- 30 sept 3.30 pm: Club Donny
- 7 okt 2 pm: Matthijs Schouten
- 7 okt 3.30 pm: Peter Brinkman
Bus and bicycle routes
Noorderlicht is organizing various bus trips to the main exhibitions, satellites and churches. We have also drawn up bicycle routes past all the beautiful photo exhibitions all across Friesland. Look on the page bus and bicycle routes.
Various galleries, museums and other venues in the satellite programme organise their own activities. For more information, view the satellite page.
Overnight stays and garden concerts in the Karmelklooster, Drachten
Lodging with breakfast on Saturday night/Sunday morning for a special Noorderlicht tariff and Sunday afternoon concerts in the gardens of this former cloister, with a guided tour and exhibition. Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0512 - 512 103
Noorderlicht has prepared a film programme especially for this festival. It will provide extra background information about several of the participating photographers. In this way you will have an opportunity to get acquainted with the photographers, the theme and, of course, the medium of photography in still another way.
Museum Dr8888, Museumplein 2, Drachten
- Admission free, after admission
- Total duration: ± 1,5 hours
- The video's are screened in a continuous loop during opening hours. You can start watching at any time
- Mainly English spoken
- View video programme >>
‘Noorderlicht’ Hotel Weekend Package
Pamper yourself at the Golden Tulip Tjaarda Oranjewoud, an exceptional starting point for a glorious bicycle tour or hike through the wooded surroundings of Oranjewoud, and for a visit to Museum Belvédère.
- 1x overnight in a comfort hotel room
- 1x extensive breakfast buffet
- 1x three-course dinner
- 1x entrance to Museum Belvédère
- includes a free Noorderlicht Magazine (otherwise € 1,00) and € 10 discount on the Noorderlicht catalogue (normal price Museum Belvédère € 18,50).
Price: € 89,50 per person
Forestry Commission Guided Tours: Oranjewoud Estate Museum Park, then and now.
In 1676 Albertine Agnes van Oranje established the estate of Oranjewoud, with a country house. In 2004 a part of the estate was restored to its original baroque style by the present owner,the Dutch National Forestry Commission. Museum Belvédère also received a place in a new garden with water features. Of course one can enjoy the beauties of the Museum Park, but the rich cultural history of the estate is also fascinating and inspiring. Volunteers from the Forestry Commission will be happy to tell you more about it during a guided tour. Information: 0516 - 425 030 or email@example.com.